WELCOME TO CU CHI TUNNELS
Uncover the secrets of the Cu Chi Tunnels, a vast network of underground passageways built and used by the Viet Cong to evade detection as they moved troops and supplies throughout Saigon’s northern districts. Les Rives offers six informative tours to this historic site, which lies an hour outside of the southern hub, by boat, bicycle, vintage Vespa or motorbike. Learn about the tenacious and ingenious spirit of Vietnamese culture as you experience the area’s thriving commerce, quite open spaces and hidden trails.
CU CHI TUNNELS TOUR HISTORICAL SITE
Shared By: Les Rivers Cu Chi
5-6 hours total
Offered in English
What we'll do :
- Morning Half Day Program (5-6 hours)
- 7:00 am: Early in the morning, your guide will meet you at your hotel’s lobby and bring you by car to your boat at Tan Cang pier.
- 7:20 am: Then you will depart Saigon by speedboat. Within 15 minutes, the banks of the river change from city sprawl to lush jungle. A light breakfast of sandwiches or pastries, fresh tropical fruits and Vietnamese iced coffee (Ca phe sua da) is served, as your guide explains rural traditions and aspects of riverbank life.
- 8:50 am: You will arrive at the Cu Chi Tunnels site before the majority of larger bus tours arrive. Watch a brief introductory ‘propaganda’ video to the Cu Chi area.
- 9:00 am: Explore the tunnel site, which includes weapon and booby trap exhibitions, navigating authentic Viet Cong tunnel, visiting different underground bunkers (kitchens, meeting rooms, ammunitions etc.), a firing range and much more. Try the local cassava root that sustained Viet Cong fighters for years.
- 11:00 am: Enjoy a delicious traditional Vietnamese lunch by the river, consisting of authentic fried spring rolls, chicken and beef dishes and soup.
- 11:30 am: Say goodbye to Cu Chi Tunnel and return to Ho Chi Minh City.
- 01:00 pm: Arrive back at Tan Cang’s pier. Les Rives staff will take you back to your hotel by car.
Afternoon Half Day Program (5-6 hours)* Les Rives also offers an afternoon schedule which departs at 11:00 am and returns to Ho Chi Minh City at 5:00 pm.
What we'll provide :
Where we'll be :
7:00 am: Early in the morning, your guide will meet you at your hotel’s lobby and bring you by car to your boat at Tan Cang pier.
- Adult: 1,899,000 VND
- Child (under 12yrs): 1,299,000 VND
- Infant (0-3 yrs): miễn phí
- Inclusion: light breakfast & lunch (morning departure), light dinner (afternoon departure), unlimited refreshments and local fruit, English-speaking guide, all entrance fees, pickup and drop off at centrally located hotels. Please note we only pickup and drop off at hotel located in district 1, district 2 and district 3
- Time departure: 07:00am or 11:00am.
Reviews on Saigonyo
Flexible Policy :
- Flexible cancellation: Full refund will be issued for cancellation made at least 48 hours prior to the activity
- Preparation time before customer can book next class: 8 hours
See Details Flexible Policy