Reconnect with nature in the eco-adventure Can Gio forest tour to the mangrove forests of the Can Gio UNESCO Biosphere Reserve located 40 kilometers outside of Ho Chi Minh City. Alive with monkeys, gibbons, crocodiles and other tropical forest life, the wetland enchants visitors with its lush leafy palm and fresh air. Glimpse local life along the river at a nearby fishing hamlet. An educational eco-adventure suitable for wildlife lovers and city-dwellers of all ages, this tour will give you a day off the grid to rediscover the simplicities of life.
CAN GIO MANGROVE FOREST
Shared By: Les Rives
What we’ll do :
- 8:00 am: Your guide will meet you in the lobby of your hotel and bring you by car to our boat at Saigon’s pier.
- 8:15 am: You boat will depart Saigon for the lush, green tributaries of the Mekong Delta. A light breakfast of pastries or sandwiches, tropical fruit and Vietnamese coffee (ca phe sua da) is served.
- 8:45 am: Visit Can Giuoc Market, a bustling local riverside market at the gateway to the Mekong Delta. Great photo opportunities!
- 9:45 am: At around this time, the surrounding landscape will begin to change from lush riverside water palms to dusky mangrove swamps as you move from the Delta towards Can Gio Forest.
- 10:00 am: Arrive at the Giant Bat Lagoon and explore gently by rowing boat, before trekking through the mangrove jungle.
- 12:00 pm: Enjoy a delicious traditional Vietnamese lunch at a private riverside location.
- 01:00 pm: Arrive in Vam Sat Eco Park, where you will visit a crocodile reserve (and feed them if you wish!) and see monkey in their natural habitat, as well as enjoy crab fishing and bird-watching for exotic local and migratory species. You can also enjoy another mangrove jungle walk.
- 03:00 pm: Depart Can Gio’s mangrove jungles for Saigon.
- 04:15 pm: Arrive back Saigon’s central pier. Les Rives’ staff will take you back to your hotel by car.
What we’ll provide :
Where we’ll be :
Your guide will meet you in the lobby of your hotel and bring you by car to our boat at Saigon’s pier.
- Adult: 2,399,000 VND
- Child (under 12yrs): 1,799,000 VND
- Infant (0-3yrs): free charge
- Departure time: 8:00am
- Total time tour: 7 – 9 hours
Flexible Policy :
- Flexible cancellation: Full refund will be issued for cancellation made at least 48 hours prior to the activity
- Preparation time before customer can book next class: 8 hours
See Details Flexible Policy