Enjoy a scenic speedboat day trip to discover the tangled maze of rivers and vast paddies found in the Mekong Delta on our culture-centric tours. Departing by boat from Ho Chi Minh City (also known as Saigon), you will explore areas of the Mekong Delta that few other tourists get to experience. You’ll experience the old-world river life of the Mekong Delta, and enjoy a lesser-seen glimpse into rural Vietnam as it trundles along a slow tempo, as it has done for centuries. Visiting a Cao Dai temple, Buddhist pagoda, river market and so much more. Bursting with charming local color and scenic views. Travel by modern speedboat and enjoy countless photo opportunities of the idyllic scenery and local people as you cruise past buffaloes plowing fields, fruit orchards and rice paddies during our Mekong Delta tour.
AUTHENTIC MEKONG DELTA
Shared By: Mekong Delta
What we’ll do :
- 8:00 am: Your Mekong Delta Tour guide will meet you in the lobby of your hotel and bring you by car to your boat at Ho Chi Minh City pier.
- 8:15 am: The boat departs and you slip away from downtown Saigon via narrow canals and enter the verdant green tributaries of the Mekong Delta. A light breakfast is served on board.
- 8:45 am: Enjoy a brief stop at the ornate, overwater Tuong Van Pagoda, while your Mekong Delta Tour guide explains the importance Buddhism to many people of the Delta.
- 9:30 am: Visit a bustling, colorful riverside market full of local curiosities, tropical fruits and all manner of fish and shellfish. Great photo opportunities!
- 10:30 am: Reach the idyllic watery expanses of the Mekong Delta itself, known as the Delta of Nine Dragons for the 9 tributaries that splinter from the main Mekong River.
- 10:45 am: Turn off the delta into small, winding canals of the Thu Thua area, shaded by a canopy of foliage as you drift along lazily.
- You will enjoy a rowboat trip along small canals of the Delta surrounded by thousands of coconut palms, you will visit a quaint Mekong village, and then a traditional farmhouse where you’ll sample coconuts and Mekong whisky.
- You’ll walk along the banks of the river to a traditional rural Vietnamese house where 3 generations live.
- 12:30 pm: Enjoy a traditional Mekong Delta lunch at a local pagoda prepared by our private chef. After lunch, you will visit an orphanage run by Buddhist monks.
- 01:30 pm: Visit a colorful Cao Dai Temple, one of the highlights of our Mekong Delta Tour.
- 02:30 pm: Return to the speedboat and depart for Ho Chi Minh City.
- 04:00 pm: Arrive back in Saigon. Les Rives’ staff will return you to your hotel by car.
What we’ll provide :
Where we’ll be :
8:00 am: Your Mekong Delta Tour guide will meet you in the lobby of your hotel and bring you by car to your boat at Ho Chi Minh City pier.
- Adult: 2,499,000 VND
- Child (under 12yrs): 1,799,000 VND
- Infant (0-3yrs): free charge
- Departure time: 8:00am
- Total time Tour: from 7 to 9 hours
- When visiting pagodas and temples it is respectful, but not mandatory, to cover exposed skin.
- We also recommend wearing comfortable walking shoes, light clothing and a hat.
Flexible Policy :
- Flexible cancellation: Full refund will be issued for cancellation made at least 48 hours prior to the activity
See Details Flexible Policy